Saturday, December 12, 2009

Secret Santa Book Exchange and a NYC Hook-Up

It's starting to feel a lot more like Christmas!

While out shopping today, I picked up two make-your-own-ornament kits for the kids. So we spent the afternoon over tubes of paint and glitter, creating special sparkly snowflakes and things. Take a peek at the final products:



My hubby lugged the pre-lit tree out of the shed and the living room is now bathed in the warm, white glow of christmas.

While all this seasonal family fun is taking place, there is a knock on the door. Imagine my excitement to find the post-woman delivering my Secret Santa package!!

This is my Second Annual Secret Santa Book Exchange. Last year, a group of 15 of the most wonderful, well read Goodreadians and I posted a list of the 5 books we wanted most for Christmas. We received our secret partners name in a super secret email, and ran out to the bookstore to purchase ONE of the 5 books they most wanted (and, of course, a copy of the same book for ourselves - so we could read it together!)

This year, I asked my Secret Santa for one of the following: The Invention of Morel by Adolfo Bioy Casares, The Last Man by Mary Shelley, After London by Richard Jefferies, Scars on the Face of God by C.G. Bauer, or In The Land Of Long Fingernails by Charles Wilkins

The package is sitting on my bookshelf, as we speak, begging to be opened! We have chosen a date when we will all be home to open our Secret Santa packages together, share which book we received, and discover who we will be reading it along with.... I cannot wait!!!!

And if that wasn't enough, I am going to be taking a day trip out to NYC on Wednesday to meet one of my Goodreadian buddies face to face for the first time ever! We will be meeting each other in front of the Rockerfella Tree. How Christmassy is that??? Boof, I cannot wait to see you there!

This is going to be one heckuva christmas!!!

2 comments: