Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Where Writers Write: Tony Newton

Welcome to another installment of TNBBC's Where Writers Write!

Where Writers Write is a weekly series that will feature a different author every Wednesday as they showcase their writing spaces using short form essay, photos, and/or video. As a lover of books and all of the hard work that goes into creating them, I thought it would be fun to see where the authors roll up their sleeves and make the magic happen. 






This is Tony Newton with his first published paperback book The Zombie Rule Book, A Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide which is due to be released on the 31st January 2014 with Cosmic Egg Books.  Tony has also written quiz and positive affirmation books and is currently working on his next Zombie novel. 







Where Tony Newton Writes



I write at my classic old writing desk complete with shabby chic cushion and chair. The next place i love to write is my beloved chesterfield sofa (normally buried beneath books) here i will write, read, re-read and edit my work and watch zombie movies, that's is the dog and cat don't beat me to the couch first!



I always listen to music whilst writing, the radio is too disruptive so i normally opt for Miles Davis or a Thelonious Monk album. 



If i want some really quite time i will hit the kitchen and write with the only distraction being food. I always have a large flask of coffee and some sweets handy when i write (it keeps the creative juices flowing). I do love writing on paper and planning out my projects first. To do lists are a must. I don't enjoy writing in coffee shops as you get too distracted and end up buying far too many cakes and pastries but i do enjoy writing on the train complete with headphones to block out any distractions. I live with my wife and son who both also enjoy reading and writing so i am very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment